Welcome to Vijaya Institute of Medical sciences
The Vijaya Fertility IVF and Endoscopy centre (Vijaya Institute of Medical Sciences) founded by Dr.N.P. Vijayalakshmy, MD, DGO, and FASRM; has the distinction of achieving the first Test tube baby of Kerala state, in May 1997. Children from IVF, for the first time in Kerala, were born in 1997 conceived in 1996 from this centre. Dr. N. P. Vijayalakshmy, M. D, D. G. O, FASRM is the chief ART specialist of the centre. She started this centre in a small way, brought it up to the present stature, where she offers the world class service to her infertile patients.
- The first fertility centre to successfully implement IVF (TEST TUBE BABY) and other ART service (diagnosing and curing by performing IVF, ICSI, PESA and TESA/ICSI/ET) in Kerala has been operational since 1996 at Kadavanthra, Ernakulam.
So far more than thousands of live babies (from IVF /ICSI) have been born from this centre and there are several on-going pregnancies.
- This centre is among the first few centers in India to successfully setup and achieves pregnancies using the ICSI technique.
- This centre has till today carried out more than 6000 treatment cycles of IVF and ICSI, with a high success rate of 40-50%. Also, more than 7000 intrauterine insemination cycles have been carried out. This centre can proudly boast of having a high take home baby rate of 28 to 30%, comparable to any of the best centers in the world.
- Vijaya Fertility IVF and Endoscopy Centre, also, has an equally active Endoscopy centre and has, so far, carried out more than 4600 Endoscopic procedures.
- Dr. N. P. Vijayalakshmy started this centre in a small way, brought it up to the present stature, where she offers the world class service to her infertile patients. She has received accolades both from within and outside the country. She believes in team work and provides infertility treatment in affordable cost.